Cindy from Wavefront wanted to make sure that we all had the details for the upcoming GROW Hackathon.
Here’s all the details again! If you want to bring up a few friends, I’d suggest having some front-end devs and designers. They’re in shorter supply, so it would definitely be helpful.
Date – August 20 + 21 (Wednesday & Thursday)
Location – Whistler! It’s held at the Fairmont Chateau, where GROW Conference is.
Who – We need back-end devs, front-end devs, engineers and designers. There’s a place for you in the competition!
What – 33 hours of innovation where we help make Whistler the smartest, most connected resort destination in the world.
Why you should go
- First place prize is $10,000 in cash, sponsored by TELUS. There’s also 6 months in our Venture Acceleration Program for the winning idea, and you get to go to the invite-only VIP dinner and the GROW after party.
- Second place is a $11,040 valued Whistler Prize Pack from Tourism Whistler
- Full SUV round-trip transportation from Van to Whistler, 5 nights in two two-bedroom suites at evolution, bobsleigh experience, snowmobile tour, Scandinavian baths, ziplining, lunch tour with Whistler Tasting Tours, 3-day ski/snow rentals… It’s pretty ridiculously amazing. You get access to the after-party too.
- Third Place gets round of drinks at Milestones and access to the after-party!
- We’ve got an awesome toolkit, which includes Recon Instrument’s Snow2 Platform, but on Oakley Airwaves! We’ll have Raspberry Pis, some Arrow pieces, access to Kiip (Rewarding people in-app/at locations/in-app), Mojio (Smart Car tech), IoT Design Shop (iBeacons), U Grok It (Smartphone RFID – they’re flying their people out to us!)
- PLUS data from Whistler Blackcomb and Tourism Whistler.
- We have mentors that are speaking at GROW Conference coming by and meeting the teams. GREAT opportunity to get one-on-one time with people. We even have a Google Glasses guy!
- You get to network with people in the community from all over the place
- It won’t be ridiculously fancy, but we are providing breakfasts, lunches and day 1’s dinner. There will be energy drinks too, of course.
- There’s a number of accommodation available. There’s a hostel in Whistler that’s a fair cost. Greyhound’s round trip is about $32 as well. Feeling fancier? We’ve got a special rate at Crystal Lodge
Get $5 off of the price because you’re awesome!